If you are trying to sell an item on eBay, then a video showing the product in use can really help. Something as simple as using your smartphone to show the item from different angles will work.
If you get more adventurous, you can put together a video showing the features and benefits to potential customers. So, let’s say, I’m trying to sell a USB Desk Fan. I already have my video up on YouTube, what do I do now?
Displaying a product video on your ebay listing – first, YouTube
1. Go to where you have the video on your YouTube channel.
Under the video, click on Embed.
2. Press SHOW MORE
3. Unless you want other random videos showing once yours has played, it’s a good idea to untick the “Show suggested videos..” box.
I also like to untick “Show video title and player actions”. This is just a personal preference of mine. It means the video loses the text on the top left hand side of the frame and keeps the picture clear.
4. Copy the code that is above the preview.
Go to your ebay listing
5. Go to the ebay listing that you want to add the video to.
Scroll down to the bottom where you would normally put the item description and select the HTML tab.
6. Paste the YouTube code that you copied in here.
Bear in mind, that you would also have more written text in this box with details of your item for sale. For simplicity, I’ve just left the box empty.
7. Once you have pasted the code in, the listing will do an automatic save.
Click on “Preview listing” to check that your video is working.
8. If everything has worked correctly, your video should now be showing in the description box.
You can now return to the ebay listing and add more description and information before saving and putting your item up for sale.